Wellcome Collection selects Restaurant Associates as event spaces caterer
Wellcome Collection has awarded Restaurant Associates a three-year event spaces catering contract, which will run from 1 March 2014.
Restaurant Associates, recognised as one of the UK’s premier contract catering companies, will be the primary in-house caterer for all corporate events hosted at the venue, ranging from product launches to conferences. This marks the seventh consecutive year working with Wellcome Collection.
Wellcome Collection reselected Restaurant Associates based on its innovative pitch and long-standing knowledge of its client’s needs. The caterer plans to incorporate culinary trends such as ‘slow food’ – the antithesis of modern junk food – into its offering at the venue.
Daniel Caleb, event spaces manager at Wellcome Collection, said: “We’re very pleased to continue working with Restaurant Associates. Our clients have consistently been impressed with the interesting and tasty menus that the team delivers. I have no doubt that the close working relationship between the event and catering teams has earned this positive feedback.”
Restaurant Associates has been the caterer for Wellcome Collection’s event spaces since the venue opened in 2007 and has worked with the Wellcome Trust for 12 years.
Wellcome Collection’s conference centre, which offers a tiered auditorium and four flexible event spaces, is currently benefiting from a £17.5 million redevelopment of the venue and is due to re-open in May 2014.
For further information/images, please contact Triggerfish Communications on 02072339700
Notes to editors:
- Wellcome Collection is the free visitor destination for the incurably curious. Located at 183 Euston Road, London, the venue explores the connections between medicine, life and art in the past, present and future. The building comprises gallery spaces, a public events programme, the Wellcome Library, café, bookshop, conference facilities and a members’ club. Wellcome Collection is growing. A £17.5million development will deliver new galleries and spaces in Autumn 2014. Find out more at www.wellcomecollection.org/curious
- The Wellcome Collection offers compact and carefully designed modern event spaces, which are fully accessible and open for business seven days a week.
- The venue’s centrepiece is the Henry Wellcome Auditorium, which is paired with the Williams Lounge to make a fantastic space for all types of events. Four smaller meeting rooms (Franks, Steel, Dale and Burroughs), all of which are flexible in set-up, are also available for hire. All rooms are finished to an extremely high specification – including computerised signage screens outside each room and built-in AV equipment – and are fully accessible, with built-in induction loops.
- The thought-provoking Medicine Now gallery can be hired for an evening drinks reception. The gallery provides a truly unique backdrop that is especially conducive to networking and is ideal for giving attendees an unforgettable event experience.
- Conference Centre, Wellcome Collection, 183 Euston Road, London NW1 2BE, UK
- T +44 (0)20 7611 2200