University of Cambridge’s Robinson College opens doors to international travellers
Robinson College, part of the world-renowned University of Cambridge, has launched rates appealing to overseas groups and tours.
With a focus on inbound groups for 2014, Robinson College is offering a cost-effective solution for sport, history and other interest groups, by giving visitors to the UK a chance to see behind the scenes of the revered University of Cambridge.
Situated in the city centre, Robinson College’s 270 study bedrooms come in three categories and are priced accordingly:
- Best: 10 twin en-suite rooms
- Standard Plus: 160 single en-suite rooms
- Standard: 100 single rooms arranged in suites of two or three with a shared bathroom
Less than two hours from Shakespeare Country and 90 minutes from the capital, Cambridge is a city for all seasons. Home to the University’s world-famous colleges and some of the UK’s most noteworthy museums, it is framed by architectural triumphs and surrounded by green spaces. As part of the Group + package, Robinson College can organise group dinners and arrange other specialist interests within the area.
Robinson College’s conference and catering manager Nick Milne comments: “The history, location and breadth of activities for all age ranges make Cambridge a real priority for tour parties and the high quality accommodation options at Robinson College provide a restful, affordable stopover for groups of all sizes.”
Charles Darwin, Alfred Tennyson and Sylvia Plath are just a few of the many philosophers, scientists, medics, engineers, prime ministers and Nobel Peace Prize winners to have left their mark, making the city a must for history buffs. Cambridge’s significance continues to grow with the arrival of the Royal baby, to be known as HRH Prince of Cambridge. Next year also sees the third stage of the Tour de France start in the historic setting, highlighting the city’s potential for sport groups.
For more information or images please contact Triggerfish Communications on 020 7233 9700
Notes to editors:
- Address Robinson College, Grange Road, Cambridge, CB3 9AN
- Telephone: 01223 339100
- Website: http://www.robinson.cam.ac.uk/conferences/conference-venue-cambridge.php
- Robinson College, part of University of Cambridge, has been servicing the corporate and agency conference market for over 30 years
- Situated in Cambridge, the College is a short distance from London and closely linked to major routes servicing the Midlands and eastern counties.
- Robinson College boasts high levels of service underlined by its silver AIM accreditation.
- Robinson College has created specialist products for key sectors of the conference market under the moniker ‘Service+’. products include agency+, association+, college+, delegate+