Triggerfish Communications welcomes Wellcome Conference Centres to its client portfolio
Wellcome Collection, Euston Road, and Wellcome Trust Conference Centre, Hinxton, have appointed specialist leisure and hospitality PR agency Triggerfish Communications to raise the profile of the charity’s meetings and events offering as the Hinxton venue undergoes a £12m expansion.
Wellcome Trust offer five contemporary and carefully designed meetings spaces for up to 200 delegates in the centre of London and a dedicated residential conference centre in Cambridgeshire, which houses the Francis Crick Auditorium and nine meeting spaces. A two stage renovation programme will see the Hinxton venue’s accommodation capacity increase to 136 in 2014, nearly doubling the existing room stock, and the restaurant extend its capacity to cater for 300 delegates.
Rachel Cordier, Conference Centre Manager for both conference centres, said: “We have ambitious growth plans and are gearing up to make significant investments in our product offering and our facilities.
“We are delighted to have appointed Triggerfish Communications to create a comprehensive meetings and events PR campaign tailored towards the corporate, agency and scientific market. The Triggerfish team really understands our brand and show a level of creativity which we find really exciting. We are looking forward to benefitting from their expertise and knowledge as they raise the profile of Wellcome venues within our key feeder markets.”
Andrew White, managing director at Triggerfish Communications, said: “Wellcome Conference Centres are at a crucial stage in the development of their brand and product. We are looking forward to supporting them in their continued expansion and helping them to establish their position as the centre of medical excellence in the UK.
“This appointment is an endorsement of our growing strength and expertise in the meetings and events industry.”
For further information/images, please contact Triggerfish Communications on 02072339700
Notes to editors
Wellcome Trust Conference Centre, Hinxton
- Set in over 100 acres of parkland on the banks of the River Cam, the Wellcome Trust Conference Centre comprises a purpose-built conference centre and a Grade II* listed country house, Hinxton Hall.
- The state-of-the-art venue includes a 300-seat auditorium, a flexible 60-seat meeting room, anad self-contained training suite. All meeting rooms boast natural daylight and natural air ventilation.
- There are 72 bedrooms across the grounds, 10 in the Hall and 2 in a secluded cottage, with the remainder in the modern residences situated nearby.
- The extensive grounds offer space for outdoor events such as team building and are the perfect location for a marquee for larger events.
- Wellcome Trust Conference Centre, Hinxton, Cambridge, CB10 1RQ
- Tel: +44 (0)1223 495 000
Wellcome Collection, Euston Road
- The Wellcome Collection Conference Centre is a compact and carefully designed modern event space, which is fully accessible and open for business seven days a week.
- The venue’s centrepiece is the Henry Wellcome Auditorium, which is paired with the Williams Lounge to make a fantastic space for all types of events. Four smaller meeting rooms (Franks, Steel, Dale and Burroughs), all of which are flexible in set-up, are also available for hire. All rooms are finished to an extremely high specification – including computerised signage screens outside each room and built-in AV equipment – and are fully accessible, with built-in induction loops.
- The thought-provoking Medicine Now gallery can be hired for an evening drinks reception. The gallery provides a truly unique backdrop that is especially conducive to networking and is ideal for giving attendees an unforgettable event experience.
- Conference Centre, Wellcome Collection, 183 Euston Road, London NW1 2BE, UK
- T +44 (0)20 7611 2200