Summer weddings in the city
University of London Senate House reveals private garden spaces
Senate House is opening its garden spaces for wedding hire this summer. The central Bloomsbury venue boasts four private Georgian Garden Squares, providing a truly secluded and tranquil setting for any wedding reception.
The outside spaces, including Woburn Square, Malet Street Garden and Gordon Square can host up to 500 guests in a marquee with a range of catering options available including a midsummer BBQ. One of London’s first sky scrapers, the University of London’s Senate House, has been an iconic presence on the capital’s skyline since 1936.
Following its recent wedding licence the magnificent art deco building now represents a truly distinctive space for couples looking for a venue to host their wedding from start to finish. The mixture of the unique garden and indoor spaces means couples can make the most of a summer wedding in the city incorporating both inside and outside elements to their special day.
Couples have the option to take vows in four of the venue’s spaces, the Beveridge and Macmillan Halls can seat up to 350 and 250 guests while the Chancellor’s Hall and the Court Room are more suited for a smaller ceremony of up to 150 people. The rooms available all boast original art deco architectural features showcasing the venue’s illustrious history and understated elegance.
Situated in the heart of the capital, Senate House’s stunning 1930’s Grade II* architecture is famous as a high profile film and fashion show location and has appeared in many blockbusters including Batman Begins, Nanny McPhee & the Big Bang and Any Human Heart.
Menus and fine wines are carefully chosen to reflect each event’s individual theme. The venue constantly strives to reduce its carbon footprint working closely with renewable energy suppliers and bespoke menus mirror a dedication to incorporating locally sourced fresh ingredients.
Charlie Vernon, business development manager at Senate House comments: “The garden spaces, sheltered from the hustle and bustle of central London, represent one of the most exclusive settings in the city. Couples getting married here are now able to sample the majestic atmosphere inside our venue for their civil ceremony before moving outside for a special reception taking advantage of the city in the summer.”
Marquee hire in one of Senate House’s private gardens start from £1000 + VAT.
- Ends –
For further information and pictures, please contact Triggerfish Communications on 020 7233 9700
Notes to Editors:
- Twitter – @Senate_House
- Senate House is the heart of the University of London’s administration. The building was designed by Charles Holden who was awarded Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) Gold Medal for architecture in 1936. He is widely recognised for his designs for London Underground and Senate House’s landmark art deco tower. During World War Two Senate House was taken over by the Ministry of Information.
- Senate House has 29 venues available from Charles Holden’s stunning architecturally significant Beveridge Hall and Crush Hall’s to private Georgian Garden Squares.
- Senate House’s grand 1930’s proportions are married with progressive technology and AV in line with today’s demands.
- University of London, Senate House, London, WC1E 7HU
- Tel: +44 20 7862 8127/8
- E-mail: email@example.com