South West venue dedicated to good food!
Cheltenham Racecourse hosts Cotswold Life Food & Drink Awards 2012
Last night saw Cheltenham Racecourse host the 10th annual Cotswold Life Food & Drink Awards 2012.
The annual awards ceremony celebrates the excellence of the food and drink industry in Gloucestershire and the Cotswolds. The awards have been hosted by Cheltenham Racecourse for the past three years. Guests dined on a locally inspired menu created by The Jockey Club’s Executive Chef Frazer Wilson. Food served included honey flaked Coln Valley Smoked Salmon, slow cooked leg of Salt Marsh Lamb and mini apple pannacotta served with a warm mixed berry crumble tart.
The Cotswolds venue, located only one mile from Cheltenham town centre, is catered by Jockey Club Catering, part of the Compass Group, one of the largest caterers in the UK, advocating sustainability and local sourcing. The progressive South West venue recently launched a ‘Best of British’ menu exclusively incorporating locally sourced seasonal ingredients from the surrounding Cotswolds area to its constantly evolving food offerings. The new menu reflects Cheltenham Racecourse’s dedication to building close ties with its long standing suppliers, who contribute their home-grown ingredients to the menu.
Susie Bradshaw, conference and events manager, Cheltenham Racecourse said: “Cheltenham Racecourse really takes pride in hosting the annual Cotswold Life Food & Drink Awards, which reflects our own dedication to supporting local food producers. The hugely popular awards are a great way to support local businesses in Gloucestershire and the Cotswolds, a cause Cheltenham Racecourse is very passionate about.”
Ceri McQueen, digital & marketing co-ordinator, Archant Life said: “Cotswold Life is extremely proud to be able to support and celebrate 43 local businesses and we were excited and honoured to hold the 10th anniversary Food & Drink Awards at Cheltenham Racecourse. The buzz surrounding this prestigious event from sponsors, guests and finalists was phenomenal. We have grown from small beginnings of 100 guests in a field in Cirencester to 450 guests sold out in The Centaur and will continue to grow with thanks to the support of the Gloucestershire food business community. Winners, finalists and photos from the event will be published in the August issue of Cotswold Life.”
Cheltenham Racecourse offers a wide variety of event spaces from intimate meeting rooms to The Centaur, a 2,250 seated auditorium with state of the art lighting and sound capabilities. The venue, located only one mile from Cheltenham town centre, benefits from 300 acres for alfresco events, 10,000 free car parking spaces as well as free Wi-Fi throughout.
For further information / pictures, please contact Triggerfish Communications 020 7233 9700
Notes to editors
- Cheltenham Racecourse has a range of suites available for hire across the venue from small meeting rooms to an auditorium, conference suites and balconies.
- The racecourse offers free Wi-fi and technical and catering facilities on-site.
- The racecourse boasts over 10,000 free parking spaces and close links to major road and rail links the venue is easily accessible from all directions.
- Cheltenham Racecourse LIVE – the brand surrounding the racecourse’s live comedy and concert nights runs over 500 events a year.
- Website: http://www.cheltenham.co.uk/conference-and-events/
- Twitter:- @CRVenue_Events
- LinkedIn:- Cheltenham Racecourse Conference & Events
- Pinterest:- CheltenhamRacecourse
- Cheltenham Racecourse, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL50 4SH
- Tel: 01242 539 538