Senate House launches Art Deco shared Christmas party package
Due to recent demands Senate House, the art deco centre piece of the University of London, has launched a shared Christmas party package available for one night only this festive season.
The evening will offer smaller businesses the opportunity to share their Christmas party in the central Bloomsbury venue renowned for being London’s first sky scraper. The evening’s art deco theme will see the historic venue simply decorated; further enhancing the building’s elegant 1930’s architecture.
The package available on Friday 21st December includes a sparkling wine drinks reception upon arrival, followed by a bespoke three-course meal and half a bottle of wine per person. A live band will entertain guests throughout the evening and for those looking for an après dinner dance there will be a DJ on hand to mix up some lively beats. Based on a minimum of 20 guests and carriages at midnight, the package is priced at £70 per person, bookings are being taken until Thursday 1st November 2012.
The grade II* listed building guarantees a lavish setting for a truly unforgettable party. The elegant spaces hidden behind the Portland Stone façade of this London landmark all boast original architectural features that showcase the venue’s illustrious past and understated elegance.
Charlie Vernon, business development manager at Senate House comments: “Following recent demands from clients looking for smaller options for their staff party this festive season we decided to launch our “Art Deco” sharer package. This one-off evening is already proving very popular with bookings already confirmed. We have decided that modest style will be very much key to the evening as we really want to give guests the chance to fully appreciate the ambience and heritage of our historic venue.”
In order to further promote the shared Christmas party package Senate House is launching a social media campaign including a number of competitions and booking incentives*. The central London venue is encouraging guests attending the unique event to Tweet images during the evening to @Senate_House including the hashtag #ArtDecoChristmas. The person who Tweets the image that best showcases Christmas cheer will win a glass of champagne for all of the guests on their table at the end of the meal.
*Reservations made before 1st October 2012 will receive 15% off their booking.
- Ends -
For further information and pictures, please contact Triggerfish Communications on
020 7233 9700
Notes to Editors:
- To book tickets for Senate House’s Christmas sharer package please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02078628127
- Twitter – @Senate_House
- Senate House is the heart of the University of London’s administration. The building was designed by Charles Holden who was awarded Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) Gold Medal for architecture in 1936. He is widely recognised for his designs for London Underground and Senate House’s landmark art deco tower. During World War Two Senate House was taken over by the Ministry of Information.
- Senate House has 29 venues available from Charles Holden’s stunning architecturally significant Beveridge Hall and Crush Hall’s to private Georgian Garden Squares.
- Senate House’s grand 1930’s proportions are married with progressive technology and AV in line with today’s demands.
- University of London, Senate House, London, WC1E 7HU
- Tel: +44 20 7862 8127