Robinson College ramps up its world class Wi-Fi
More delegates connect to Robinson College in Cambridge
Robinson College, part of the University of Cambridge, has committed a five-figure sum to ensuring its event technology remains some of the best in the conference sector.
Aligning with its other specialist products under the Service+ moniker, Robinson College’s Tech+ gives delegates up to 300 mbps of Wi-Fi connectivity.
With delegates increasingly dependent on two digital devices to access emails and social media, along with conference organisers relying on video streaming, online learning and wireless audience interaction, a robust IT infrastructure is a pre-requisite for organisers. Robinson College’s Tech+ underlines the onus placed on the strong technology and IT infrastructure at the venue. When dovetailed with Media+, customers can ensure the latest social media channels are being used to promote events before during and afterwards.
Robinson College is situated in the historic university town of Cambridge, which, along with direct access to London and the Midlands, has earned a reputation for business excellence due to its high-quality learning facilities. The purpose built auditorium has just been re-equipped (to the tune of £70,000) with new audio visual equipment and systems, which now enables simultaneous presentations across two lecture theatres. The dedicated breakout rooms and quality accommodation has helped position the academic venue as a destination of choice for planners seeking to maximise return on investment from training and events budgets.
Nick Milne, Robinson College’s conference and catering manager, comments: “While most venues promise free Wi-Fi, the majority really do not have the requisite data speed for their events. We are committed to providing our clients with a bandwidth broad enough to service even the biggest demands.”
For more information or images please contact Triggerfish Communications on 020 7233 9700
Notes to editors:
- Address Robinson College, Grange Road, Cambridge, CB3 9AN
- Telephone: 01223 339100
- Website: http://www.robinson.cam.ac.uk/conferences/conference-venue-cambridge.php
- Robinson College, part of University of Cambridge, has been servicing the corporate and agency conference market for over 30 years
- Situated in Cambridge, the College is a short distance from London and closely linked to major routes servicing the Midlands and eastern counties.
- Robinson College boasts high levels of service underlined by its silver AIM accreditation.
- Robinson College has created specialist products for key sectors of the conference market under the moniker ‘Service+’. products include agency+, association+, college+, delegate+