Robinson College anticipates popularity of Cambridge in 2014
Robinson College, part of University of Cambridge, has seen repeat business increase alongside new business as more clients are choosing Cambridge as the destination for their conference.
Research by the HBAA, the trade association for the hotel booking agency, apartment and venue community, highlights the emergence of Cambridge as a popular city for events instead of London. A recent report conducted by PwC revealed that 20 per cent of respondents predict Cambridge is a city destination expected to perform strongly in 2014.
A large proportion of the venue’s client base is made up from the medical and science sectors with repeat business from regular customers NHS UK and the Biochemical Society and new customers including 16th International Conference on Experimental Mechanics (ICEM16), Royal College of Surgeons and the British Association for Psychopharmacology.
Repeat clients account for 45 per cent of the college’s business, yet Robinson has recently seen an increase in the number of new events opting for Cambridge instead of London.
Due to compliance restrictions among medical science events, Robinson College has benefited from this because the venue offers a cost effective solution for event planners while providing delegates with a conducive environment to network and learn.
Nick Milne, Conference Manager at Robinson College, said: “We’re already noticing event planners gravitate towards Cambridge. As we continue to receive repeat bookings from regular customers that we have kept in Cambridge, we’re confident that Robinson will attract more new business in the New Year. Much of that is down to the popularity of our additional Service+, range of products, especially College+ which allows clients to book residential events even during term time and thus benefit from our great meeting facilities all year round.”
Located in the city of Cambridge, and with accessible national transport links, Robinson College has won recognition for its first-rate meetings facilities. The venue’s auditorium holds up to 270 people and benefits from high-speed wi-fi. Robinson is popular among event organisers for its exceptional customer care, food and en suite accommodation.
For more information or images please contact Triggerfish Communications on
020 7233 9700
Notes to editors:
- Address Robinson College, Grange Road, Cambridge, CB3 9AN
- Telephone: 01223 339100
- Website: http://www.robinson.cam.ac.uk/conferences/conference-venue-cambridge.php
- Robinson College, part of University of Cambridge, has been servicing the corporate and agency conference market for over 30 years.
- Situated in Cambridge, the College is a short distance from London and closely linked to major routes servicing the Midlands and eastern counties.
- Robinson College boasts high levels of service underlined by its silver AIM accreditation.
- Robinson College has created specialist products for key sectors of the conference market under the moniker ‘Service+’. products include agency+, association+, college+, delegate+