One night only – Brocket Hall to open for guests on Valentine’s weekend
This Valentine’s weekend, Hertfordshire-based Brocket Hall is opening its doors for one night only to couples wishing to spend a romantic night in the country house.
On Saturday 15 February, guests will be able to take up the exclusive opportunity to spend the night in one of the 18th-century-manor’s 30 romantic suites, which are usually reserved for those holding an event in the hall.
As well as the chance to stay the night, guests will be treated to an evening of Champagne, canapés and fine food. A delicious four-course tasting menu will be served by the Hall’s team of butlers in the opulent ballroom, familiar as the Netherfield ballroom in the BBC TV version of Pride and Prejudice.
Brocket Hall is also offering a range of food-themed Valentine’s packages. On Sunday 16February, the hall will lay on a traditional afternoon tea in the ballroom, overlooking the 543 acre estate.
On Friday 14 and Saturday 15, couples looking for a more intimate setting can alternatively opt to indulge in an evening of fine-dining tucked away in the estate’s restaurant, Auberge du Lac, where chef consultant Anthony Demetre, of Wild honey and Arbutus, oversees all the menus. Diners will be served a six-course tasting menu that focuses on seasonal produce, prepared by head chef Marcus McGuinness.
Following a romantic dinner at Auberge du Lac, guests can stay for the night in the estate’s converted Georgian coach house, the Melbourne Lodge, by purchasing the Auberge Valentine’s Experience package, which includes a gift of Champagne, flowers and chocolates in the guests’ bedroom.
The exclusive night at Brocket Hall on Saturday 15 February costs £450 per couple, including dinner in the ballroom. Valentine’s Afternoon Tea on Sunday 16 February costs £45 per person. To book, please call the events team on 01707 368 700 or email email@example.com.
- Ends -
For more information/images, please contact Triggerfish Communications on 02072339700 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to editors
- Brocket Hall is an estate built on 543 acres of parkland and has three luxurious venues: the hall, the Auberge du Lac restaurant and the golf club for the estate’s two championship golf courses.
- Brocket Hall, Welwyn, Hertfordshire, AL8 7XG
- Brocket Hall is situated just 22 miles (approx. 45 minutes) from central London
- For leisure enquiries, including dining at the Auberge du Lac, exclusive hire, golf stays, weddings or activities such as clay-pigeon shooting and archery, please contact: +44 (0) 1707 335241
- Email: email@example.com
- Web: www.brocket-hall.co.uk
- Twitter: @brockethall