Murray mania arrives early
Keith Prowse report boost in sales for The Championships, Wimbledon 2013
Leading corporate hospitality provider, Keith Prowse has recorded a 125% increase in enquiries for The Championships, Wimbledon 2013 this September following Andy Murray’s victory at the US open.
Despite losing out in The Championships, Wimbledon final, Murray bounced back to win an Olympic gold medal and the US Open in a heroic five-setter against Djokovic last week. After waiting 76 years for another British male Grand Slam singles champion, the British public’s hopes for a local winner are higher than ever as anticipation continues to build for 2013.
Ted Walker, head of marketing for Keith Prowse said: “It’s clear that Murray’s recent winning streak has generated early interest in the 2013 highlight.
“We really expect this momentum to continue as the nation turns its interest to tennis in support of the most successful player the country has seen since Fred Perry.”
For further information/images, please contact Triggerfish Communications on:
020 7233 9700
Notes to Editors:
• Keith Prowse is the UK’s number one choice for sporting, cultural and bespoke events.
• Keith Prowse is a hospitality expert with a heritage in entertainment and ticketing for over 200 years.
• Keith Prowse is the official hospitality provider to events including: The Championships, Wimbledon, Domestic and International Rugby at Twickenham Stadium, the Kia Oval, Lord’s, The Ageas Bowl, AEGON Championships, Cheltenham National Hunt Festival, The Old Course Experience, Edgbaston, Goodwood, Henley Royal Regatta, etc.
• Keith Prowse has more official appointments than any other hospitality provider, including: Concerts and festivals, Cricket, Flower shows, Football, Golf, Horse racing, International events, Motorsport, Polo, Rowing, Rugby, Sailing, Tennis, Theatre and performing arts.
• Keith Prowse’s bespoke arm caters for client entertaining, professional functions, Christmas parties and teambuilding days.
• Keith Prowse Ltd is a subsidiary of the Compass Group PLC, a world-leading food and support services company with annual revenues of over £14bn, and should not be confused with Keith Prowse Ticketing now owned by Ingresso Group Ltd.
• Keith Prowse has won a number of industry awards including: Gold for the Twickenham Experience in the 2009 Sportsbusiness Sports Event Management category; Bronze for the Old Course Experience in 2010’s ISEM Awards; MIMA Award for ‘Your Season’ magazine in 2011’s Best Brochure category and a Silver for The Gatsby Club in the Hospitality and Travel category for 2011’s ISEM Awards.
• Website: www.keithprowse.co.uk Twitter: http://twitter.com/Keith_Prowse
• Keith Prowse, Parkview, 82 Oxford Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1UX. Tel: +44(0)845 125 4881