Lord’s partners with Tamarind of Mayfair for ‘The India Club’ hospitality packages
In response to high demand for hospitality places during the Second Investec Test Match: England v India, 17th-21st July 2014, Lord’s has launched premium hospitality package ‘The India Club’, in partnership with Michelin-starred Indian dining destination Tamarind of Mayfair.
A partner of Lord’s Cricket Ground since 2005, Tamarind of Mayfair, specialises in creating menus bursting with fresh and original flavours. Under the guidance of executive chef Alfred Prasad, the team will prepare an exquisite three-course lunch for guests, incorporating subtle spicing and drawing influence from Indian recipes.
Dishes will include a salad of grilled scallops with mixed peppercorns, topped with roasted peppers, chicken tandoor grilled, fresh tomato sauce with ginger and dried fenugreek leaves; and lamb chops marinated with raw papaya, malt vinegar and peppercorn served with roganjosh sauce and saffron pulao rice.
Hospitality in ‘The India Club’ will also nod towards traditional cuisine of the host nation, providing guests with a wholesome English breakfast before the start of play and an afternoon tea, with a twist. The menu will incorporate traditional sandwiches and cakes alongside fennel crusted spiced apricot, pistachio and chicken pastries, baby saag aloo pies and coconut and mango ice creams.
‘The India Club’ will be located in a bespoke marquee on the Nursery Ground and will offer guests a private entrance into the Ground. In addition to the Indian and British menus served throughout the day, the package includes Grand Stand seats, celebrity guest speakers and complimentary drinks including Champagne. Prices start from £949 + VAT per-person.
Hayley Wood, Hospitality Sales Manager at Lord’s Cricket Ground, comments: “Following on from a successful year in 2013, including the well-received ‘Ashes Club’ hospitality, we’re thrilled to once again be offering such high-quality dining experiences at the Ground. Tamarind of Mayfair is the ideal partner for our premium hospitality packages and we believe ‘The India Club’ will be one of the hospitality highlights of the 2014 season.”
To purchase packages, please contact Lord’s on 020 7616 8598 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ends -
For further information/images, please contact Triggerfish Communications on
020 7233 9700
Notes to Editors:
- Lord’s hospitality video: http://www.lords.org/lords-ground/inspiring-occasions/match-day-hospitality/
Programme of International Matches at Lord’s in 2014:
- England v Sri Lanka ODI – Saturday 31 May
- England v Sri Lanka Investec Test Match – Thursday 12 – Monday 16 June
- England v India Investec Test Match – Thursday 17 – Monday 21 July
- A range of Major Match day hospitality packages are available at Lord’s Cricket Ground in 2014, including the Nursery Pavilion, Captains’ Lounge and the Marylebone Suite. Visit www.lords.org for more information.
- Prices start from £329 + VAT for packages for selected dates in the Nursery Pavilion and Marylebone Suite, and from £449 + VAT in the Captains’ Lounge.
- Hospitality at Lord’s can be booked by telephone on: 020 7616 8598, or via email: email@example.com
- Marylebone Cricket Club, Lord’s Cricket Ground, St John’s Wood, London NW8 8QN