Lord’s Cricket Ground appoints AV specialists
Officials at Lord’s Cricket Ground have announced that three new audio visual providers – Aztec Event Services, Smyle and Fisher Productions – have been added to the Ground’s exclusive AV supplier list. Eclipse Presentations, who have worked at Lord’s for eight years, will continue to offer onsite AV support throughout the Ground, with a resident venue manager overseeing operations.
Lord’s – the Home of Cricket – has hosted a range of external events over the past twelve months, including the International Wine Challenge, British Swimming Awards Dinner, and the LTI Taxi launch, in addition to the internationally acclaimed MCC Spirit of Cricket Cowdrey Lecture in July last year.
Nick Kenton, Meetings & Events Sales Manager at Lord’s Cricket Ground, said: “Aztec Event Services, Smyle, and Fisher Productions are three of the leading lights in the audio visual industry, and I am delighted they are now official suppliers at Lord’s. With Eclipse Presentations continuing to offer in-house support, clients now have more choice and flexibility for AV solutions, which allows us to provide a world class service from the best in the business.”
John Robson, Aztec Managing Director, said: “This is another step in our expansion of audio visual service offerings to sporting venues that host conferences and meetings. We believe that Lord’s chose us because of our experience in this type of venue, and our reputation for quality, reliability and efficiency which reflects the same ethos as that of Lord’s. We have worked at Lord’s before and see this as the beginning of a closer long-term relationship.”
Rick Stainton, Smyle’s Managing Director, said: “Smyle has been blessed through being able to produce events in some of the UK’s most historical venues. Our team are absolutely thrilled that another of London’s unique venues has recognised our capabilities. We are renowned for our technical creativity and the team are really looking forward to reinforcing this reputation by producing events in this globally iconic venue.”
Kelly Yeomans, Venue Relationship Manager at Fisher Productions, said: “Fisher are very excited to be appointed by Lord’s Cricket Ground to provide creative production. Lord’s is a particularly versatile canvas for events therefore Fisher Productions are looking forward to providing creative solutions for the Ground’s future clients.”
- Ends -
For further information /and images, please contact
Triggerfish Communications 020 7233 9700
Notes to editors:
- Supported by four divisions (Event Services, Exhibition Services, Aztec Digital, and Event Communications), Aztec provides its event and exhibition services on a global scale. Recent projects include the operation of an interactive electronic voting system for the Hotelympia exhibition at Excel and the delivery of impactful graphics for the B2B Awards at Arsenal FC’s Emirates Stadium.
- Smyle – recently voted Event Agency of the Year Award at Eventia’s UK Awards 2011 – is one of the first event and production agencies to gain third party certification to BS 8901:2009 (sustainability management). Based less than half an hour from Lord’s Cricket Ground, the company has specialised in creative, technical, video and design services for over twelve years.
- From the Dorchester Hotel to Fabric nightclub, Fisher Productions has benefitted venues with its unique brand of conceptualisation and visualisation, design, entertainment, catering, set, props and furniture. Specialising in designs which are out of the ordinary, Fisher has caught the eye of attendees at events such as the SCIC European Conference and BP gala dinner.
- Lord’s Cricket Ground offers a range of unique venues for meetings, conferences and milestone events.
- The iconic Long Room can be used for lunches or dinners for up to 200 people. The hire charge is £8,000+VAT and menus start from £49+VAT per person.
- The J.P. Morgan Media Centre is a striking contrast to the traditional Pavilion. With amazing vistas of the hallowed turf it is the perfect setting for conferences up to 70 people.
- The Nursery Pavilion seats up to 600 people for a lunch or dinner with complimentary room hire for numbers above 250, and menus available from £44+VAT per person.
- The Thomas Lord Suite offers considerable style and ease of use and with an entertainment license it’s the perfect place to celebrate any dinner/dance occasion for up to 350 guests.
- DDR packages at Lord’s start from £69+VAT, and the Ground can accommodate conferences for up to 600 people.
- Meetings and events at Lord’s can be booked on: 020 7616 8501 and further information can be found at www.lords.org.
- Marylebone Cricket Club, Lord’s Cricket Ground, St John’s Wood, London NW8 8QN.