London Racecourses out-ride sample size venues
Jockey Club Venues’ three London racecourses have experienced a growing number of companies using their race days to maximise brand exposure in front of record crowds and increased TV audiences.
As the second largest spectator sport in the UK, brands have switched on to the opportunities available at racecourses to build the awareness of their products and services to new and existing consumers.
With a combined count of 136 race fixtures, companies including Philip Morris, Tullamore Dew whiskey, Häagen-Dazs, Burts Crisps and Brothers Cider have all engaged with audiences at the London racecourses. As a result, sampling and product placement have become a regular part of race days staged at Kempton Park, Sandown Park and Epsom Downs.
Throughout the year, the London racecourses host some of the pinnacle events in the horseracing industry. Highlights include Epsom Downs’ Investec Derby in June, Britain’s most attended one day sporting event, attracting 130,000 spectators; Sandown Park’s bet365 Ultimate Celebration of British Horseracing in April and the Coral-Eclipse in July, both drawing crowds in excess of 20,000; and Kempton Park’s William Hill Winter Festival, which takes place over the Christmas period and attracts 30,000 race-goers to the two day seasonal celebration.
Brands are increasingly drawn to The Jockey Club’s London racecourses due to their location, the prestigious events they stage and the footfall they command. Kempton Park Racecourse also benefits from 3.2 million homes falling within a 60 minute drive, offering substantial opportunities for exposure and brand engagement. Selected race fixtures staged at the London racecourses receive television coverage on Channel 4 or BBC throughout the year, and all fixtures are aired on racing’s leading subscription channel, Racing UK, which receives up to 95,000 weekly viewers.
“Racing is being marketed better and more widely than ever, and we are reaping the rewards, with record crowds at race days, increased television audiences and more companies looking for product placement opportunities,” commented Rachel Kingdon-Saxby, Marketing Manager at Epsom Downs Racecourse. “Being so close to London is clearly important to companies looking for brand exposure, and with just 15 miles separating Kempton Park, Sandown Park and Epsom Downs, products can be easily transferred between the venues.”
For further information/images, please contact Triggerfish Communications on
020 7233 9700
Notes to Editors:
About Epsom Downs Racecourse
- Home of both The Investec Derby and The Investec Oaks and a venue for weddings and conferences, with state-of-the-art conference, event, exhibition and hotel facilities.
- Just a stone’s throw from the arterial routes linking Surrey to London, and with the rest of the UK accessible via rail, bus and air, Epsom Downs Racecourse is the ideal destination for meetings and events planners.
- Part of Jockey Club Venues: a collection of 14 of some of the UK’s most iconic racing venues to specifically service the corporate, association and private meeting and event sector.
- Tel: 01372 726 311; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Epsom Downs Racecourse, Epsom Downs, Surrey, KT18 5LQ
About Kempton Park Racecourse
- Kempton Park is hosting 97 race fixtures this year, and is also an entertainment and business venue, offering a unique and flexible venue for conferences, meetings, weddings, private parties and other events.
- Kempton Park Racecourse’s feature days
- Hospitality Reward Cards cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Exclusions apply. This discount is off pre-purchased hospitality packages only and does not include drinks.
- Tel: 01932 753518; e-mail: email@example.com
- Kempton Park Racecourse, Staines Road East, Sunbury on Thames, Middlesex
About Sandown Park Racecourse
- Host to thrilling year-round jump and flat horse racing, alongside corporate and private events including exhibitions, conferences & meetings, corporate & social dinners, product launches, training, team building & activity days, Christmas parties, family fun days, weddings and family celebrations.
- Tel: 01372 464348; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sandown Park, Portsmouth Road, Esher, Surrey, KT10 9AJ