Lack of connectivity kitemark a growing concern among event bookers: Etherlive releases industry insights from event planners
Research conducted amongst event planners commissioned by live event technology expert Etherlive underlines a demand for hotels and venues to clarify their packages and connectivity.
Results from the survey, conducted in November 2013, highlight that customers are not being provided with sufficient details regarding Wi-Fi, wired capability, bandwidth, network speed and pricing at venues when hiring an event space.
Of the 250 corporate and agency respondents, 91% believe that the bandwidth of venues’ dedicated conference networks should be readily made available. The reasons cited were that it would enable organisers to better understand the capabilities of the venue.
Further questions revealed that 73% of the respondents feel that a kitemark verifying adult content had been filtered from the venues’ connectivity and the network is encrypted ensuring private communication should become an industry standard. Feedback highlighted that a kitemark would reflect responsible business behaviour; however 9% felt that it would be an infringement of privacy.
36% of respondents did not feel confident in conference and events venues being able to adequately represent their IT systems and ability, stating that all too often front office staff were not specifically trained and that many venues did not see connectivity as a priority.
The research goes on to confirm that bandwidth should be included in the RFP process as it would facilitate an informed decision about the suitability of a venue.
Alan Jaramillo, business development manager at Etherlive, said: “It is clear by the responses that we are moving towards introducing clearer technology packages for corporates. The on-going discussions surrounding the subject highlight the importance for hotels and venues who offer meeting facilities to provide details of the connectivity offered to customers. The research we commissioned in November highlights there is a lack of knowledge in connectivity and bandwidth from hotels and venues, and reinforces the call for a Preferred Partnership Program empowering these organisations to successfully collaborate with technology companies.”
- Ends -
For further information / pictures, please contact
Triggerfish Communications 020 7233 9700
Notes to editors
- Etherlive is a leading provider of IT and communications technology for the live event sector.
- Etherlive is a specialist in large-scale indoor & outdoor events with multi-faceted communications needs, as well as being a major supplier to the corporate conference and events market.
- Etherlive has been appointed by the likes of G8, WOMAD festival, T in the Park, The Green Man Festival, RHS Flower Show, Goodwood Festival of Speed, PSP Southampton Boat Show, Aegon Tennis Championships and London World Triathlon
- Website: www.etherlive.co.uk Blog: www.etherlive.co.uk/blog
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/etherlive
- Etherlive Limited, Brinkworth House, Chippenham, Wiltshire, SN154HQ