Keith Prowse’s Corinthian Roof Terrace launched at the Kia Oval
The hotly anticipated launch of London’s newest premier hospitality destination, the Corinthian Roof Terrace at the Kia Oval, saw over 300 guests experience Keith Prowse’s world-renowned reputation for hospitality on Thursday 25th April 2013.
Developed by Keith Prowse in association with Oval Events Ltd., the Corinthian Roof Terrace is set to be the most modish space from which to watch the summer’s jam-packed calendar of cricket fixtures at the Kia Oval. The inaugural event took place on the Terrace and saw guests mingle in the first summer sunshine of the year on top of the ground’s OCS Stand with a panoramic view of the Surrey vs. Sussex LV=CC action on the ground below. With views across the ground and cityscape on one side, and a vista of Battersea Power Station on the other, the new space literally takes entertaining and hospitality to new heights.
Radio 1 DJ Nihal took to the decks for the post-game party from the central booth located towards the back of the Terrace, with additional guest appearances from X Factor presenter Dermot O’Leary as an ambassador for Surrey County Cricket Club and players from the Surrey squad. Richard Thompson, Chairman of SCCC, delivered the welcome address to guests.
The launch night combined theatre, hospitality and first-class catering: an oyster meister mingled with guests; cricket themed cocktails created by expert mixologists included the ‘Leg Before Wicket’, a 1930s cocktail of gin, Dubonnet Rouge, lime and Campari; vintage tricycle food stations offered candy floss and ‘30s ice cream pots and cones in delectable flavours such as rhubarb & ginger crumble and sticky Old English toffee; and the ‘Best of British’ bowl food menu featured ‘roast beef dinner’, ‘mini pie and mash’ and ‘fish and chips’.
Andrew Hodgkins, managing director at Keith Prowse said: “It was excellent to see everyone enjoying Thursday’s launch event. It was great to celebrate the re-development ahead of an iconic cricket season with both the ICC Champions Trophy and Investec Ashes Series 2013.”
With a packed schedule of Friends Life t20 and NatWest IT20 cricket approaching, as well as the final Investec Ashes Test Match against Australia at the Kia Oval, the Corinthian Roof Terrace will be available to guests wishing to book corporate hospitality throughout the summer.
For further information / pictures, please contact
Triggerfish Communications 020 7233 9700
Notes to editors:
- Keith Prowse is the UK’s number one choice for sporting, cultural and bespoke events with over 30 years of industry knowledge.
- Keith Prowse is a hospitality expert with a heritage in events and entertainment for over 200 years.
- Keith Prowse is the official hospitality provider to events including: The Championships, Wimbledon, Domestic and International Rugby at Twickenham Stadium, the Kia Oval, The Ageas Bowl, AEGON Championships, Cheltenham National Hunt Festival, The Old Course Experience, Edgbaston, Goodwood, Henley Royal Regatta, etc.
- Keith Prowse has more official appointments than any other hospitality provider, including: Concerts and festivals, Cricket, Flower shows, Football, Golf, Horse racing, International events, Motorsport, Polo, Rowing, Rugby, Sailing, Tennis, Theatre and performing arts. As a recognised supplier of official hospitality packages, Keith Prowse offers reassurance that its packages are official and guaranteed.
- Keith Prowse is owned by Compass Group PLC, a FTSE top 50 company since 2012 operating in 50 countries and employing 509,000 people per year.
- Through Compass Group, Keith Prowse works with world renowned Michelin star chefs at their hospitality events including Albert Roux, Michel Roux Junior and Jason Atherton.