Keith Prowse sees demand increase from feel-good summer
Lead in time for corporate hospitality gets longer as companies get set for 2014
2013’s summer of sporting wins has had a positive impact on enquiries and confirmations at Keith Prowse. Enquiries for corporate hospitality at The Championships, Wimbledon, 2014 are well ahead year-on-year and most significantly confirmed booking at the world renowned tournament are up by 122% year on year*.
Buoyed by England retaining the Investec Ashes, Andy Murray’s win at The Championship, Wimbledon, and the British and Irish Lions victory against Australia, companies are getting in early for 2014’s summer season.
Demand is being fuelled by companies wanting to make sure they are part of the action and pointedly to making sure that they secure official, price bound packages at the summer’s headline occasions. June and July 2013’s widely inflated grey market prices for access to the season’s highlights have led companies to take a more measured and long term approach to their client entertaining in 2014.
Keith Prowse’s broad reach of events where it holds official hospitality partner status has become a benchmark for clients looking for both quality and price guarantees. Prices issued are set by Keith Prowse and the associated rights holders and are not subject to market conditions.
Corporate entertaining is increasingly recognised as an integral part of the marketing mix, affording corporate organisations to get quality time with their customers and stakeholders. Research conducted by Keith Prowse amongst its corporate customers underlines that client entertaining gives valuable face-time, enabling relationships to be reinforced.
Ted Walker, Head of Marketing at Keith Prowse, comments: “This summer has been great, not just for team England and the UK, but also for corporates to really understand the ramifications of buying through the non-official route. There were horror stories of seats exchanging hands at over £70K for some events; had they used the official sources then this would not have been the case. Hence, we are seeing our customers book and enquire much earlier to make sure that they are part of 2014’s action.”
*8th July – 7th August 2013 compared to 8th July – 7th August 2012.
For further information / pictures, please contact
Triggerfish Communications 020 7233 9700
Notes to Editors:
- Keith Prowse is the UK’s number one choice for sporting, cultural and bespoke events with over 30 years of industry knowledge.
- Wimbledon hospitality packages and information on pricing can be found at http://www.keithprowse.co.uk/tennis_home.aspx
- Keith Prowse is a hospitality expert with a heritage in events and entertainment for over 200 years.
- Keith Prowse is the official hospitality provider to events including: The Championships, Wimbledon, Domestic and International Rugby at Twickenham Stadium, the Kia Oval, The Ageas Bowl, AEGON Championships, Cheltenham National Hunt Festival, The Old Course Experience, Edgbaston, Goodwood, Henley Royal Regatta, etc.
- Keith Prowse has more official appointments than any other hospitality provider, including: Concerts and festivals, Cricket, Flower shows, Football, Golf, Horse racing, International events, Motorsport, Polo, Rowing, Rugby, Sailing, Tennis, Theatre and performing arts. As a recognised supplier of official hospitality packages, Keith Prowse offers reassurance that its packages are official and guaranteed.
- Keith Prowse is owned by Compass Group PLC, a FTSE top 50 company since 2012 operating in 50 countries and employing 509,000 people per year.
- Through Compass Group, Keith Prowse works with world renowned Michelin star chefs at their hospitality events including Albert Roux, Michel Roux Junior and Jason Atherton.