Keith Prowse reveals Michelin-quality at The Gatsby Club for The Championships, Wimbledon, in 2013
UK hospitality leader Keith Prowse has reconfirmed the company’s commitment to investing in top quality fine dining with a Michelin star resident chef at The Gatsby Club during The Championships, Wimbledon, 24 June-7 July 2013.
A special three-course menu at the Grand Slam Tournament’s top dining destination will be created by Albert Roux OBE, Legion D’Honneur, KFO, the Michelin star resident chef at The Gatsby Club. The final choices will be based on an official tasting event in February which was attended by the chef and Keith Prowse.
The menu will feature 12 dishes – a choice of four starters, main courses and desserts – and promises to serve up a dining experience in the style of an elegant Michelin star restaurant
Andrew Hodgkins, Managing Director of Keith Prowse, said: “We believe it is crucial that we continue to invest in Michelin-star quality of the style enjoyed at The Gatsby Club to meet the high standards demanded by our customers. And we are delighted to continue our association with Albert Roux, whose remarkable talent and pursuit of the perfect dining experience has made the restaurant what it is today.”
Speaking about the inspiration for this year’s menu at The Gatsby Club, Albert Roux said: “The majority of the guests attending the Gatsby Club are there to see the tennis, so it’s crucial to capture their attention with fantastic ingredients, which is always my inspiration for the menu. This year, I want to create an even more innovative menu that stays in the memories of guests.”
French-born restaurateur Albert Roux is widely-acclaimed for Le Gavroche, the first restaurant in the UK to gain three Michelin stars. He is also behind the training of some of today’s most notable culinary talent including Gordon Ramsay, Marco Pierre White, Pierre Koffmann and Marcus Wareing.
The Gatsby Club underwent a cutting-edge re-design in 2011, with a new glass-fronted structure drawing on the beauty of the natural surroundings. The garden area was restyled in 2012 so that the Terrace Bar connects the garden and restaurant spaces. The Gatsby Club will provide the focus for gracious hospitality once more for guests attending the Grand Slam event in 2013.
The Championships, Wimbledon, is one of Keith Prowse’s most prestigious corporate hospitality appointments, at which the company caters for around 1,000 people daily from more than 45 countries. The use of corporate hospitality at the event provides an excellent opportunity for nurturing business relationships and supplier commitment, offering face-to-face time in an inspiring setting, unparalleled quality of products and facilities and impeccable service to ensure maximum return from marketing budgets.
- Ends -
For further information / pictures, please contact
Triggerfish Communications 020 7233 9700
Notes to editors:
• The video of the Gatsby Club 2013 tasting event can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CPcSisStTo
• Keith Prowse is the UK’s number one choice for sporting, cultural and bespoke events with over 30 years of industry knowledge.
• Keith Prowse is a hospitality expert with a heritage in events and entertainment for over 200 years.
• Keith Prowse is the official hospitality provider to events including: The Championships, Wimbledon, Domestic and International Rugby at Twickenham Stadium, the Kia Oval, The Ageas Bowl, AEGON Championships, Cheltenham National Hunt Festival, The Old Course Experience, Edgbaston, Goodwood, Henley Royal Regatta, etc.
• Keith Prowse has more official appointments than any other hospitality provider, including: Concerts and festivals, Cricket, Flower shows, Football, Golf, Horse racing, International events, Motorsport, Polo, Rowing, Rugby, Sailing, Tennis, Theatre and performing arts. As a recognised supplier of official hospitality packages, Keith Prowse offers reassurance that its packages are official and guaranteed.
• Keith Prowse is owned by Compass Group PLC, a FTSE top 50 company since 2012 operating in 50 countries and employing 509,000 people per year.
• Through Compass Group, Keith Prowse works with world renowned Michelin star chefs at their hospitality events including Albert Roux, Michel Roux Junior and Jason Atherton.