Keith Prowse pops the cork at Edgbaston
Local businesses help hospitality leader to decide wines and menu for 2012 season
Keith Prowse, the UK’s hospitality leader, brought the finest in corporate hospitality to the Midlands yesterday (Thursday 9th March) at the Edgbaston Wine Tasting Evening.
Over 80 local business leaders in attendance were invited to choose the wines which will be served by Keith Prowse as official hospitality provider during Edgbaston’s 2012 international cricket season. Guests in the Jaguar Club voted for their favorite wine from a selection of whites; 2011 Saam Mountain Chenin Blanc, 2011 Argento Pinot Grigio, 2010 Riva Leone Gavi and Piemonte and 2010 La Côte Flamenc, along with reds; 2011 Saam Mountain Shiraz, 2010 Argento Seleccion Malbec, 2009 Castillo de Clavijo Rioja and 2009 Pinot Noir de l’Hospitalet IGP d’Oc.
The red wines were accompanied by a locally sourced cheeseboard from Warwickshire, Shropshire and Worcestershire.
Keith Prowse’s Edgbaston sales manager Paul Barton introduced the event at a champagne reception and gave guests an overview of the corporate hospitality restaurants and suites that will be in operation for England’s Third Investec Test match between vs West Indies (Thursday 7th June – Monday 11th June).
Steen Sorenson, commercial manager at Edgbaston’s caterer Compass and Ed Clarke, sales manager at Bibendum official wine supplier Bibendum, guided guests through the voting process and the different wines on offer. Prizes including two Jaguar Club packages for the Twenty20 International between England v South Africa on 12th September and a mixed case of the wines served were awarded to the winners of a quick-fire quiz which ran concurrently to the wine tasting.
Edgbaston’s kitchen teams were given the opportunity to showcase their planned menus for the Jaguar Club, The 1882 Club, Executive Boxes and The Edgbaston Suite, situated in the new £32 million Pavilion Stand. Standout dishes included Thai sea bass with oriental salad & vermicelli noodles and fillet of beef with a fondant potato, wild mushroom & red wine jus.
Ted Walker, Keith Prowse’s head of marketing said: “We were delighted at the opportunity to invite local businesses to take an active role creating our 2012 Edgbaston offering. The night showcased the exceptional dining experience and world class service standards we have brought to the Midlands against the backdrop of the region’s most inspiring sporting setting.”
- Ends -
For further information / pictures, please contact
Triggerfish Communications 020 7233 9700
Notes to editors
- Keith Prowse is the UK’s number one choice for sporting, cultural and bespoke events.
- Keith Prowse is a hospitality expert with a heritage in entertainment and ticketing for over 200 years.
- Keith Prowse is the official hospitality provider to events including: The Championships – Wimbledon, Domestic and International Rugby at Twickenham Stadium, the Kia Oval, Lord’s, The Rose Bowl, AEGON Championships, Cheltenham National Hunt Festival, The Old Course Experience, Edgbaston, Goodwood, Henley Royal Regatta, etc.
- Keith Prowse has more official appointments than any other hospitality provider, including: Concerts and festivals, Cricket, Flower shows, Football, Golf, Horse racing, International events, Motorsport, Polo, Rowing, Rugby, Sailing, Tennis, Theatre and performing arts.
- Keith Prowse’s bespoke arm caters for client entertaining, professional functions, Christmas parties and teambuilding days.
- Keith Prowse Ltd is a subsidiary of the Compass Group PLC, a world-leading food and support services company with annual revenues of over £13.4bn, and should not be confused with Keith Prowse Ticketing owned by Seatem Group.
- Website:www.keithprowse.co.uk Twitter: http://twitter.com/Keith_Prowse
- Keith Prowse, Parkview, 82 Oxford Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1UX
- Tel: +44(0)845 125 4881