HM The Queen celebrates Diamond Jubilee with M Shed
Queen Elizabeth II, accompanied by The Duke of Edinburgh, visited Bristol’s flagship museum M Shed on Thursday 22nd November 2012. The Royal visit marked the completion of Her Majesty’s Diamond Jubilee tour outside of London.
The Queen’s visit included a drinks reception in the venue’s first floor foyer with 150 distinguished guests from the city of Bristol, followed by lunch served in the events suite. Thursday’s menu, designed by M Shed’s head chef Simon Gravestock, consisted of ham and baby leek terrine with a honey dressing and red onion jam, followed by thyme roasted chicken breast, baby carrots and purple sprouting broccoli with dauphinoise potatoes and a red wine jus. For dessert, guests were served apple tarte tatin with Marshfields ice cream and caramel sauce.
Located on the historic Bristol dockside, the museum, opened in 2011, is dedicated to telling the story of the city and is designed to retain the unique character of the former 1950s transit shed. M Shed forms part of Lime Venue Portfolio’s collection of unique, unusual and sporting venues.
Simon Gravestock, Head chef for M Shed, said: “It was a real honour to cook for Her Majesty The Queen. The menu was entirely bespoke, designed to showcase the best local produce Bristol has to offer. The food was very well received.”
M Shed’s general manager Iain McKellar said: “We were thrilled to host Her Majesty The Queen at M Shed. We pride ourselves on offering great service and our staff certainly rose to the occasion, working hard to create a flawless event befitting of such an illustrious occasion.”
For further information/images, please contact Triggerfish Communications on
Notes to editors:
- M Shed is part of Bristol Museums, Galleries & Archives, the museums and archives service provided by Bristol City Council
- For further information please contact James Easey, Bristol City Council Press Office on 0117 922 3332
- Twitter: @msedbristol
- Lime Venue Portfolio is the UK & Ireland’s leading portfolio of unique, sporting and cultural meetings and events venues
- Lime Venue Portfolio is a subsidiary of the Compass Group UK & Ireland, the world’s leading food and support services company
- Lime Venue Portfolio, Parkview, Oxford Road, Uxbridge, UB8 1UX
- Website: http://www.limevenueportfolio.com
- Tel: 0845 6025619
- Twitter: @ahintoflimeVP
- Facebook: Lime Venue Portfolio
- LinkedIn: Lime Venue Portfolio