HBAA widens reach with Barceló Hotels & Resorts International
The HBAA’s International Charter has welcomed a new signing from Barceló Hotels & Resorts International. Over 20 international groups signed up together with a host of independents, having signed an international version of the HBAA Code of Conduct providing guidelines for best practice.
The International Charter, launched in May 2012, has been spearheaded by the HBAA as the means to enhancing the volume and value of business placed by UK agents into overseas properties and delivering an open and mutually beneficial platform for conducting business. The HBAA International Charter covers the key elements involved in securing international meetings and events, from enquiry response times and commission levels to payment terms. The HBAA’s reach now spans 60 countries, including France, America, Hungary, and India.
Barceló Hotels & Resorts International joins IHG, Starwood Hotels, Dolce Hotels & Resorts and other independent properties and worldwide property chains to have signed the International Charter. The hotel chain has over 143 hotels in 16 countries; 40 of these MICE-focused groups are now affiliates of the Charter.
Steve Ockerby, International Projects Chair of the HBAA, said: “We’re delighted that Barceló Hotels & Resorts International has signed the International Charter. The HBAA is an important influence within the UK events industry, and it’s great that we’re continuing to extend that into the worldwide meetings and events market.”
Chris Carr, head of international MICE sales North, Barceló Hotels & Resorts International, commented: “We are extremely excited to have signed the International Charter and see it as a great way of strengthening our relationships with agents within the UK. With 143 venues worldwide, we look forward to making use of the valuable networking opportunities via our partnership with the HBAA and developing relationships that will drive international business to our hotels in the long term.”
- Ends -
For further information/images, please contact Triggerfish Communications on
020 7233 9700
Notes to Editors:
- HBAA is the trade association for the hotel booking agency, apartment and venue community.
- Formed in 1997, the association currently has 80 agency and 205 venue members.
- Member agents are specialists whose core business involves booking hotels, serviced apartments, conferences and events on behalf of their corporate and public sector clients.
- Member venues are comprised of the leading hotel chains, serviced apartment operators, training centres and independent hotels and venues.
- HBAA strategy is driven by an Executive committee of industry figureheads who oversee separate committees including: technology, memberships, international projects, events, serviced apartments and education.
- Twitter: @HBAA2013