HBAA partnership with BDRC Continental drives results
‘Agent of the Year Award’ receives landslide entries
For the first time ever, the award will see BDRC Continental, the respected market research company carry out in-depth research over a six-week period amongst the competing agents. The research has been developed to ensure a sector specific benchmark that tests the core values of an agency by assessing quality of service, effective processing, clarity of communication and market knowledge.
BDRC Continental’s research will culminate in the presentation of the ’Agent of the Year Award’ at the HBAA Annual Forum at Radisson Blu, Stansted Airport, on 6th September 2012.
BDRC Continental is widely acknowledged by international hotels and venues as the key measurement for quality of service and a means of feedback that highlights strengths and areas for improvement.
Peter Ducker, Executive Director of the HBAA, said, “This award has received huge attention within the Association, as it will give agents impartial feedback on their quality of service. Most importantly, it will give a true differentiator when they are tendering for new corporate clients. Hotels and venues have been party to the measurement for some years and use it to great effect, both in terms of their product development and individual positioning.”
James Bland, Client Services Director of BDRC Continental, commented: Hotel booking agents are hugely significant in the meetings market, so we are very excited to be in partnership with the HBAA to help monitor their performance. Our Meetings Benchmark Tracker programme has been used by hotel chains since 1999 to improve the service delivered to clients and, on the evidence of the commitment to standards displayed by the HBAA, we expect the insight from this project to do exactly the same in the agency sector.”
- Ends -
For further information/images, please contact Triggerfish Communications on
020 7233 9700
Notes to editors:
- The Hotel Booking Agents Association (HBAA) was formed in 1997 and now consists of 86 agents and 209 venue members.
- Member agents are specialists in making hotel accommodation, conference and event reservations as their core business.
- Member venues are comprised of the leading hotel chains, training centres and independent hotels and venues.
- The HBAA comprises a committee of 12 industry figureheads who oversee separate committees including: technology, partnerships, memberships, marketing & PR, events and education.
- Website: http://www.hbaa.org.uk
- Twitter: @HBAA2012