HBAA members’ meeting drives education and best practices
The HBAA’s most recent meeting drew over 80 venue and agent members as the Association continued to fulfil its objectives to educate and drive best practices within the event community.
Demonstrating its inclusiveness and support for education, the Association invited Samme Allen, MPI UK & Ireland Chapter Past President, to share the results of MPI’s UK Economic Impact Study. The partnership approach underlines the HBAA’s stance in sharing best practices and lobbying Government to increase understanding of the impact of meetings and events on the economy.
Other sessions included championing customer service best practices. A lively session by Stephen Pauley of Be First Class was aimed at individual personal and professional development.
The event was held at the new Hilton London Wembley Hotel and was hosted by HBAA Chair Chris Parnham and Juliet Price, interim Executive Director.
Chris Parnham said: “It was terrific to have leaders within our venue and agent community together to participate in educational sessions targeted towards driving best practice and value for our members. Our members’ meetings are important for delivering key messages and Association updates, and we’d like to thank all our keynote speakers for helping us make this event another success.”
- Ends -
For further information/images, please contact Triggerfish on
020 7233 9700
Notes to Editors:
- HBAA is the trade association for the hotel booking agency and venue community.
- Formed in 1997, the association currently has 80 agency and 205 venue members.
- Member agents are specialists whose core business involves booking hotels, serviced apartments, conferences and events on behalf of their corporate and public sector clients.
- Member venues are comprised of the leading hotel chains, serviced apartment operators, training centres and independent hotels and venues.
- HBAA strategy is driven by an Executive committee of industry figureheads who oversee separate committees including: technology, memberships, marketing & PR, events, serviced apartments and education.
- Twitter: @HBAA2013