HBAA Awards recognise best practices
The Hotel Booking Agents Association (HBAA) presented its annual awards to a packed audience of hotel booking agents (HBA’s), venues and accommodation providers last night, 6th September 2012. Given out at the HBAA’s Annual Forum, the awards recognise best practice across the sector.
Winners at the ceremony, held at The Radisson Blu Stanstead were:
The John Rees Community Award
Acknowledges the contribution made by any member organisation or individual within their local community; be it through conservation, environmental or health related work.
Winner: Dartington Hall
Judged by: Peter Ducker, executive director HBAA
Information Technology Award
The technology award recognises the different technological gains made by hotels, venues and agents.
Winner – Agent: Zibrant
Winner – Venue: Wyboston Lakes
Judged by: Tom McInerney, Etherlive and Rochelle Long, editor Meetings and Incentive Travel Magazine
Graduate Development Award
Was presented for demonstrable commitment to the training and development of graduate employees through a robust development programme.
Winner: IHG Intercontinental Hotels
Judged by: Yasmin Arrigo, editor in chief Conference and Incentive Travel, Association Event Planner and Virtual Venue Visit.
Social Media Award
Acknowledges the huge impact that social media has not only on marketing but all aspects of business communications from customer service to brand recognition and from networking to lead generation.
Winner – Venue: Sundial Group
Winner – Agent: Silverdoor
Judged by: Katherine Alano, community editor Caterer & Hotelkeeper and David Taylor, AP Marketing UK
Agent of the Year Award
For the first time ever, the award saw BDRC Continental, the respected market research company carry out in-depth research over a six-week period among the competing agents. The research was developed to ensure a sector specific benchmark quality of service, effective processing, clarity of communication and market knowledge.
Winner: Conference Care
Peter Ducker, executive director of the HBAA said: “The HBAA Annual Awards celebrate the hard work and commitment of our members; my heart felt congratulations go out to everyone.”
- Ends -
For further information/images, please contact Triggerfish Communications on
020 7233 9700
Notes to Editors:
- The Hotel Booking Agents Association (HBAA) was formed in 1997 and now consists of 86 agents and 209 venue members.
- Member agents are specialists in making hotel or apartment accommodation, conference and event reservations as their core business.
- Member venues are comprised of the leading hotel chains, serviced apartment operators, training centres and independent hotels and venues.
- The HBAA comprises a committee of 12 industry figureheads who oversee separate committees including: technology, partnerships, memberships, marketing & PR, events, serviced apartments and education.
- Twitter: @HBAA2012 #HBAAForum #HBAAawards