HBAA Annual Forum set to provide guidelines for business development
The HBAA’s ‘Made to Measure’ Annual Forum, taking place on Thursday 5th and Friday 6th September at Twickenham Stadium, will provide venue and agent members the opportunity to gain valuable insights into the procurement of business from corporate clients.
Hosted by this year’s chairman, Chris Parnham, the HBAA will present a panel of industry experts with previous corporate experience, poised to reveal how agents and venues engage with buyers to maximise business wins from the sector. Chris will introduce informative topics to the panel discussion, with questions such as:
- Which tender responses go straight in the bin, and which ones go to the top of the pile?
- What makes a winning tender response stand out?
- Is the tender really for sale, or is the winner already in place?
Confirmed panellists include Paul Andrews, whose 25 years’ marketing experience has covered work within the BMW Group, CompAir, Kawasaki and Barclays Bank. Paul will be joined by Andrew Gilkerson, who is responsible for the commercial effectiveness of a group incorporating W&O Event Management and Choice Healthcare Solutions, Alison Searle, global sourcing manager-hotels and MICE, Agrega, and former head of events at Barclays Sarah Wright.
Replacing Alison in the streamed venue member session will be Martin Searle, senior category manager – Travel Services, Xchanging, who has 25 years of extensive knowledge and experience in Global Strategic Sourcing.
Chris Parnham, chairman of the HBAA, said, “I began my industry career as head of global events at Barclays, and I set up my first company, ILLICO Events, on the principles of what I used to like as a corporate client, whilst eradicating what I used to hate. I have carried these lessons through Zibrant and into Absolute Corporate Events. Experience of the corporate sector really does give you an insight into what makes corporate buyers actually buy. These insights, and more, will be shared with this year’s HBAA Forum audience, and our panel has corporate experience from huge corporates, including Barclays, BMW, and Pfizer.”
Registration for the HBAA’s Annual Forum is still available here.
- Ends -
For further information/images, please contact Triggerfish on
020 7233 9700
Notes to Editors:
- HBAA is the trade association for the hotel booking agency, apartment and venue community.
- Formed in 1997, the association currently has 80 agency and 205 venue members.
- Member agents are specialists whose core business involves booking hotels, serviced apartments, conferences and events on behalf of their corporate and public sector clients.
- Member venues are comprised of the leading hotel chains, serviced apartment operators, training centres and independent hotels and venues.
- HBAA strategy is driven by an Executive committee of industry figureheads who oversee separate committees including: technology, memberships, international projects, events, serviced apartments and education.
- Twitter: @HBAA2013