HBAA announces recruitment drive for Executive Director role
The HBAA has announced it is looking to take on a consultant as Executive Director following a review of the association’s requirements for an industry figurehead at its helm to help drive objectives and industry positioning.
The role of the Executive Director is integral to the success of the association, and the successful candidate will be the custodian and guardian of the HBAA’s purpose within the industry whilst incorporating strategic direction as determined by its Chair and Executive Committee.
Since former Executive Director Peter Ducker’s departure in early 2013, Juliet Price, 2011 Chair of the HBAA, has assisted the association in an interim capacity. This was a position created to assist throughout the transition period, provide continuity to the membership and committees, carry out some of the strategic responsibilities of the Executive Director, and allow sufficient time to make important decisions for the association.
Chris Parnham, Chair of the HBAA, said: “At the beginning of the year, Peter Ducker left some big shoes empty, which, since being appointed interim Executive Director, Juliet Price has been filling extremely well. But, having reviewed the structure of the HBAA Executive Director and its objectives, we feel that the role should be made a permanent one. The Executive Director is the only paid Board position within the association, and the enhanced role reflects the sweeping changes we are driving through this year. It presents the successful candidate with a unique industry position, voice and opportunity to make a difference.”
Candidates must be able to demonstrate significant industry experience at a senior level. The full job description is available from the HBAA’s Executive Office, contactable via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ends -
For further information/images, please contact Triggerfish on
020 7233 9700
Notes to editors:
- HBAA is the trade association for the hotel booking agency and venue community.
- Formed in 1997, the association currently has 80 agency and 205 venue members.
- Member agents are specialists whose core business involves booking hotels, serviced apartments, conferences and events on behalf of their corporate and public sector clients.
- Member venues are comprised of the leading hotel chains, serviced apartment operators, training centres and independent hotels and venues.
- HBAA strategy is driven by an Executive committee of industry figureheads who oversee separate committees including: technology, memberships, marketing & PR, events, serviced apartments and education.
- Twitter: @HBAA2013