The Grand Brighton to take part in Brighton Half Marathon
The Grand Brighton will be celebrating the 26th Vitality Brighton Half Marathon on Sunday 28th February with a showcase event featuring local talent living in the city.
The Brighton and Hove Community Stage will be situated outside the front of The Grand and will provide free entertainment for both runners and spectators alike between 10am and 12pm*.
Compered by Jennie Castell, who will also perform current chart topping tunes, the stage will play host to a number of local acts including:
- I Charleston Brighton, who will be performing a traditional Charleston dance routine as well as teaching a few moves to spectators.
- Scott Howland will perform upbeat pop numbers from the likes of Bruno Mars, and classic tracks from legends such as Prince.
- Marta Scott Dance Company, an all-inclusive and diverse dance group, will bring a carnival atmosphere to inspire the runners on to the finish line.
- The Brighton Flamenco Company brings a touch of Andalusian cheer (and hopefully weather), to the occasion with breath-taking dance routines inspired by the southern Spanish region.
- While the Youth Theatre Programme will dance and sing a GLEE style routine.
The Grand has entered a team of eight runners, including general manager, Andrew Mosley, raising funds for Rockinghorse Children’s Charity, the official fundraising arm of the Royal Alexandra Children’s Hospital. Furthermore, the hotel also has a corporate relay team who will run the full half marathon between them in aid of The Sussex Beacon, who organise the marathon.
Brighton Half Marathon organiser, David Hill comments “we are delighted to have The Grand Brighton on board as this year’s Championship Partner and we are looking forward to another fantastic half marathon day. I’m sure that some family friendly entertainment produced by the Grand, will further spur on the 12,000 plus runners on the day”.
The hotels food and beverage team will also be hosting and catering the VIP hospitality tent on the day, keeping spirits and energy levels up with some delicious hot drinks and snacks.
Andrew Mosley, general manager of The Grand Brighton, comments: “We are proud sponsors of the Brighton Half Marathon and are really looking forward to putting on a fantastic show for both runners and spectators, highlighting some great local talent. As a keen runner I can’t wait for race day and am delighted that a number of colleagues, friends and family of The Grand will be joining us to celebrate and support such a fantastic sporting event.”
*All entertainment is subject to weather conditions.