The Grand Brighton to showcase local talent at the Vitality Brighton Half Marathon
The Grand Brighton will be hosting its second Community Stage at this year’s Vitality Brighton Half Marathon on Sunday 26th February, following a successful launch last year.
Thousands of runners and spectators will be invited to enjoy live music and dancing from Brighton’s renowned local talent:
- Jennie Castell will be opening and closing the event
- Savoy Kicks will be showcasing traditional Charleston dancing, offering the chance for the audience to join in
- Bird Studios Stage School will be gracing the stage
- Will Mavin will be entertaining the crowd with some chart-toppers
- Performances from Bird Studios Zumba Troupe and Street Dance Company
- Marta Scott Dance Company will bring a touch of South America to Brighton with Samba dancing
As well as enjoying the live entertainment as they pass, 2017 half marathon runners will have their energy levels replenished with treats like Sunday favourites sausage and bacon rolls and keeping warm with a choice of hot drinks served from a VIP hospitality tent outside the hotel.
The 27th Vitality Brighton Half Marathon will also see staff from various departments of the hotel including: concierge, sales, HR and hospitality taking part in the corporate relay. They will be running on behalf of Sussex Beacon, a charity that provides specialist care and support for people living with HIV.
Andrew Mosley, General Manager of The Grand Brighton, comments: “The Vitality Brighton Half Marathon is always a key date in the calendar and one that The Grand Brighton is incredibly proud to be a part of. It is a great community day, showcasing the very best our town has to offer, while raising valuable funds for a range of charities. We would like to wish all of the runners the best of luck and we look forward to welcoming everyone to our Community Stage. ”
Donations to The Sussex Beacon can be made, please visit: https://www.justgiving.com/sussexbeacon