The Grand Brighton run the Brighton Half Marathon for charity
The team at The Grand Brighton have raised £2800 for Rockinghorse Children’s Charity, the official fundraising arm of the Royal Alexandra Children’s Hospital, through running a successful Brighton half marathon on Sunday 28 February.
The 26th Vitality Brighton Half Marathon saw seven members of The Grand Brighton take part in the 13.1 mile run, as well as coming third in the corporate relay, racing against 10 other Brighton businesses and raising £275 in aid of the Sussex Beacon.
The front of The Grand Hotel hosted the Brighton and Hove Community Stage, where thousands of runners and spectators were treated to some of Brighton’s best local talent, including:
- Jennie Castell hosted the stage and spurred on runners with chart topping Jess Glynne numbers
- Scott Howland entertained with some upbeat pop numbers from the likes of Bruno Mars and Prince
- The sun came out for Marta Scott Dance Company who brought a Brazilian carnival atmosphere to the stage
- The Brighton Flamenco Company performed some breath-taking dance routines inspired by the southern Spanish region of Andalucía.
- While Apollo Productions performed a few hits from their popular High School Musical production that has just finished at The Old Market in Brighton.
The Grand’s food and beverage team hosted the VIP hospitality tent, catering for the likes of Olympic Champion Sally Gunnell OBE, keeping taste buds tantalised and energy up with breakfast items like fruits, breads, bacon sandwiches, teas, coffees and fresh juices.
Andrew Mosley, general manager of The Grand Brighton, comments: “Congratulations to all who took part in The Brighton Half Marathon yesterday, it was a fantastic day. This running event is an important date in our calendars and we were proud to be lead sponsors this year and be part of the celebrations. Being a local business, we make supporting and contributing to our community a priority and Sunday was a great opportunity to showcase local talent, highlight our fantastic city and raise money for great causes.”
Donations to Rockinghorse Children’s Charity and The Sussex Beacon can still be made, please visit:
The Sussex Beacon: https://www.justgiving.com/The-Grand-Brighton1/