From the Pavilion to the casino
Bets are on for a memorable festive season at Lord’s
Lord’s – the Home of Cricket – is spoiling guests this Christmas, with the launch of two new festive events packages.
After canvassing the opinion of re-booking clients, guests will now have the option of enjoying either a traditional and sophisticated Christmas lunch, dinner or reception in the historic Grade II* listed Pavilion, or a vibrant red carpet casino experience in the Thomas Lord Suite.
For those looking for an exhilarating seasonal occasion, the Thomas Lord Suite, in partnership with Impulse Events, will be transformed into a glamorous casino; Encore Las Vegas. Guests will get the chance to enjoy an evening of high quality entertainment, including being serenaded by a ‘rat pack’ style performer and playing on slot machines, black jack and roulette tables in a VIP casino lounge. A sparkling wine reception will be followed by either a three course sit-down menu, or a selection of sharing bowl food.
Alternatively, the most famous room in cricket, the Long Room in the Lord’s Pavilion, will provide the setting for a traditional Christmas celebration, where up to 200 guests can feast on a luxurious three course lunch or dinner, looking out over the hallowed turf. More intimate gatherings and receptions can be hosted in the elegantly themed Writing Room.
Christmas events at Lord’s take place throughout December and can be booked for 20-350 guests. Event prices per person range from £80 + VAT in the Long Room, £90 + VAT in the Writing Room, and £70 + VAT in The Thomas Lord Suite.
Nick Kenton, Meetings and Events Sales Manager at Lord’s Cricket Ground said: “Lord’s presents a huge opportunity for seasonal events, from opulent and traditional black tie gatherings in the Pavilion, to more flamboyantly themed evenings in the Thomas Lord Suite.”
For further information and images please contact
Triggerfish Communications 020 7233 9700
Notes to editors:
• Lord’s offers a range of venues for meetings, conferences and milestone events
• Meeting and events at Lord’s can be booked on: 020 7616 8501
• Marylebone Cricket Club, Lord’s Cricket Ground, St John’s Wood, London NW8 8QN
• The Long Room can be used for lunches or dinners for up to 200 people.
• The Thomas Lord Suite can be used for dinners for up to 350 people and receptions for up to 500 people.
• The Writing Room can be used for lunches or dinners for up to 60 people and receptions for up to 70 people.