Evolve Events offers 10 top tips for recreating the Wimbledon buzz at home
Bring the atmosphere of Murray Mount to your living room with Evolve Events guide to creating a Wimbledon party for this weekend’s singles finals.
Evolve Events recently transformed The Roof Gardens in Kensington, London, for the Women’s Tennis Association’s pre-Wimbledon party as well as styling Sunday’s star-studded celebration of WTA’s 40 Love campaign held at The All England Tennis Club.
Hopeful for a Murray final on Sunday, here are Evolve Events’ 10 top tips to throwing the perfect Wimbledon-themed party in your own home.
1. Send out invitations in white linen, or the Wimbledon colours of green and purple, or mocked up as a Wimbledon ticket.
2. Ask your guests to wear white or to dress in the classic Wimbledon roles of player, umpire and ball boy/girl.
3. Decorate the room(s) with white or green and purple balloons, hang Union Jack bunting, make a table runner from artificial grass and put a net across the middle, construct trophy displays – or place miniature trophies in floral arrangements.
4. Lay on strawberries and cream, jugs of Pimms, a racquet-shaped cake and biscuits decorated as tennis balls, and fill a goldfish bowl with Haribo strawberry sweets.
5. Gather up lots of tennis balls – they can be used as cocktail-stick holders, a base for floral arrangements, decoratively piled up in glass jars, set on sticks of different heights and displayed along table centres, or even used as placeholders.
6. Create a summery atmosphere by filling jugs of water with ice-cubes containing frozen flowers, craft a giant ice tennis ball and illuminate it, place tea lights in Mason jars weighed down with sand, light grass-scented candles.
7. Put Cliff Richard on the iPod and the film Wimbledon on the TV. For when rain stops play, prepare a Wimbledon quiz, with a trophy for the winner.
8. Get out the deck chairs, picnic blankets, and an astro mat for lawn. Set out a croquet pitch and string white lights around the playing area.
9. Create a Wimbledon-themed photo booth with a backdrop of giant vintage tennis racquets.
10. Gather together a handy pile of umbrellas!
– Ends –
For further information/images, please contact Triggerfish Communications on:
020 7233 9700
Notes to Editors:
Evolve Events are a full service event planning company based in London, UK. They design and manage imaginative and effective events for agencies, corporate and private clients. Small enough to care but big enough to deliver, whatever the size or budget, Evolve Events believe every event should be unique and truly memorable. They deliver highly effective event management solutions and unforgettable experiences for leading corporations and discerning private clients.