Event Production Show prepares for busiest year
The Event Production Show, which starts tomorrow (Wednesday 1st February) at London Olympia, is set to experience its busiest year yet.
Exhibitor numbers are on the brink of 250, with over 90 making their debut on the show floor. Exhibitor interest has been driven by the clamour for a share of the estimated £2bn in buying power wielded by visitors, of whom 43 per cent were found to be of senior executive level or higher. Of pre-registered visitors, over a third organise 30 or more events per year.
New Event Production Show exhibitors demonstrate the breadth of the supplier spectrum anticipating an uplift in 2012, including St John’s Ambulance, Urban Entertainment, Cable Guard Europe and Feedback Event Cuisine. Chelsea Football Club, ODEON Cinemas and the NEC are among the ‘Best of British’ venues to utilise the platform of the inaugural UK Venue Show, which will run concurrently to the Event Production Show in the West Hall at London Olympia.
As well as the new products and packages which are set to characterise the next ‘Decade of Events’ in the UK, encompassing the 2014 Commonwealth Games and 2015 Rugby World Cup, an unrivalled thought leadership programme, the Access Sessions, is now fully confirmed. John Probyn, COO Live Nation, will return as chair of the popular Question Time panel, alongside Tim Owen, events, filming and contingency planning commissioner for Westminster City Council and Clive Little, director of events & programming at the Olympic Park Legacy Company.
Cashless events and London 2012 security will be on the agenda, along with a production special featuring Chris Vaughan, Production Director on Take That’s record breaking Progress tour. The Marketing Sessions will also cover the two days of the show, with discussion and debate on all facets of event marketing, trends, and education, while Live at the Grand will return as the show’s live entertainment showcase for the corporate and private sectors.
Sarah Brownlee, Event Manager at the Event Production Show said: “We can’t wait to open the doors of London Olympia on Wednesday and welcome visitors to this year’s show. The timing of the show in the trade show calendar and the significance of 2012 to the UK event industry have combined with the quality of exhibitors and buyers to give us all the ingredients for our biggest and best show to date.”
- Ends -
For further information / images, please contact
Triggerfish Communications 020 7233 9700
Notes to editors:
- The Event Production Show takes place at Grand Hall, Olympia, London, W14 8UX.
- Dates: Wednesday, 1st February 2012 from 10.00-17.30 and Thursday, 2nd February 2012 from 10.00-17.00.
- The Event Production Show is the most diverse event exhibition in the UK, with exhibitors specialising in lighting, generators, sound, AV technology, tent and staging structures, rigging, theming, entertainment and much more.
- The Event Production Show features the Access Sessions, a thought leadership programme which gives a platform to the leading lights of the live event industry. This year’s speakers will include Live Nation COO John Probyn, Chris Vaughan, Production Director of Take That’s record breaking Progress Tour, and Feargal Sharkey, CEO at UK Music.
- Website: www.eventproductionshow.co.uk
- Twitter: EventProdShow