Escape to the country during the Games
Cheltenham Racecourse launches special summer rates
Renowned sporting venue Cheltenham Racecourse is offering day delegates an exclusive package for the duration of the Olympic Games this summer.
The dedicated DDR of £30 + VAT per person is valid from 15th July to 17th August 2012. The special summer rate will include room hire, three servings of tea, coffee and biscuits and a freshly prepared working lunch consisting of chef’s soup of the day with accompaniments and create your own deli baguettes.
As we enter one of Britain’s most eagerly awaited sporting summers, Cheltenham Racecourse is offering London event planners a greener and more peaceful alternative to hosting their meeting or conference. Anticipated constraints on transport and restrictions on accessibility will all heighten logistical difficulties associated with hosting an event when millions of visitors descend on the capital for the Games.
Set within the backdrop of Cleeve Hill, the venue’s spaces command scenic views overlooking the famous course home to some of the UK’s most prominent racing fixtures, including the legendary Cheltenham Festival. The venue boasts 300 acres for alfresco events, 10,000 free car parking spaces, free Wi-Fi and a host of flexible events spaces including The Centaur, a 2,250 seated auditorium with state-of-the-art lighting and sound capabilities.
Susie Bradshaw, conference and events manager at Cheltenham Racecourse, said: “There is no doubt the summer of sport will have a great impact on events in the capital. Cheltenham Racecourse is a great alternative for event organisers looking to escape the hustle and bustle of the capital when the eyes of the world will be on London. We’re hoping the special rate along with the ease of access and of course fresh air, open spaces and peacefulness associated with the Cotswolds, will incentivise event planners to escape to the country this summer.”
The progressive South West venue boasts an enviable mix of accessibility, alongside a picturesque setting. Located only one mile from Cheltenham town centre, with direct train links to London only 2 hours the course is also accessible from the Midlands’ major arterial routes including the M40 and M5.
For further information / pictures, please contact Triggerfish Communications 020 7233 9700
Notes to editors
- Cheltenham Racecourse has a range of suites available for hire across the venue from small meeting rooms to an auditorium, conference suites and balconies.
- The racecourse offers free Wi-fi and technical and catering facilities on-site.
- With close links to major road and rail links the venue is easily accessible from all directions.
- Cheltenham Racecourse LIVE – the brand surrounding the racecourse’s live comedy and concert nights runs over 500 events a year.
- Website: http://www.cheltenham.co.uk/conference-and-events/
- Twitter:- @CRVenue_Events
- Cheltenham Racecourse, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL50 4SH
- Tel: 01242 539 538