Buyers’ Choice of Quality Assured Venues Set to Increase as the HBAA Endorses AIM
The HBAA has endorsed AIM, the national standard for meetings in the UK, in a move that is expected to significantly increase the choice buyers have of venues which offer AIM’s reassurance of compliance, capability and competence.
The trade association for the hotel booking agency, apartment and venue community is recommending that their venue members apply for AIM, the accreditation which was created for the industry and continues to be administered by the Meetings Industry Association. AIM will be available to HBAA members through the AIM Direct scheme, the programme which enables venues and suppliers to achieve AIM no matter what their affiliation. HBAA members will also be eligible for a special HBAA discount on their application for AIM.
In deciding to endorse AIM, the HBAA is supporting its core objective to assist the industry in raising standards and delivering best practice through service and facilities. It is also recognised that achieving AIM will be a benefit to its members, as it promotes professionalism and gives them a distinct competitive advantage.
Chris Parnham, HBAA chairman, comments, “AIM is the standard which recognises specialisms and strengths within the industry, and we see this as an ideal project to collaborate on for the furtherance of best practices. We’re delighted that the HBAA and mia will be working together on this initiative, as the UK’s event associations need to join forces on projects to better represent the industry.”
The mia has praised the HBAA for supporting AIM. Gary Payne, mia chairman, says, “By endorsing AIM, the HBAA is demonstrating a profound determination to place the industry’s best interests at the heart of its policy, an initiative that will benefit its members and drive the industry forward; it’s an incredibly commendable decision on their part. The HBAA board is keen to promote AIM to its members and we will work together to promote the accreditation and its core principles, which is a positive development for the industry.”
This partnership will be launched to the HBAA’s venue members by mia chief executive Jane Longhurst at the Association’s Annual Forum on Thursday 5th September 2013 at Twickenham Stadium.
- Ends -
For further information/images, please contact Triggerfish on
020 7233 9700
Notes to Editors:
AIM is available to all meetings venues and suppliers via AIM Direct. Applications can be made at http://www.aimaccredited.co.uk/
About the HBAA:
- HBAA is the trade association for the hotel booking agency, apartment and venue community.
- Formed in 1997, the association currently has 80 agency and 205 venue members.
- Member agents are specialists whose core business involves booking hotels, serviced apartments, conferences and events on behalf of their corporate and public sector clients.
- Member venues are comprised of the leading hotel chains, serviced apartment operators, training centres and independent hotels and venues.
- HBAA strategy is driven by an Executive committee of industry figureheads who oversee separate committees including: technology, memberships, international projects, events, serviced apartments and education.
- Twitter: @HBAA2013
- The national standard for meetings in the UK, held by meetings venues and suppliers
- Endorsed by VisitEngland, Visit Wales, MPI UK & Ireland, ABPCO, and many of the UK’s regional tourism bodies
- A reassurance of meetings excellence
- Administered by the meetings industry association (mia)