Art deco wedding venue celebrates Valentine’s proposals with Twitter offer
Loved up couples can win half price wedding venue
In celebration of Valentine’s Day, Senate House, the art deco centrepiece of the University of London, is offering newly engaged couples 50% off room hire.
Valentine’s Day is always a popular day for lovebirds to pop the all-important question and propose. Senate House is therefore encouraging couples who get engaged on Valentine’s Day to tweet their engagement photos to @Senate_House, using the hashtag #ArtDecoWedding. As an engagement gift, the central London venue will offer 50% off room hire to all couples who subsequently book their wedding at Senate House.
Situated in the heart of the capital, the central London venue is an attractive choice for couples, who have the option to take vows in four of the venue’s spaces; The Beveridge and Macmillan Halls can seat up to 350 and 250 guests respectively, while the Chancellor’s Hall and the Court Room are more suited for smaller ceremonies of up to 150 people. The rooms all boast original art deco architectural features as well as state-of-the-art audiovisual equipment.
The Grade II* listed building also includes four private Georgian Garden Squares, all of which can be hired for al fresco wedding receptions. The outside spaces, including Woburn Square, Malet Street Garden and Gordon Square, can host up to 500 guests in a marquee.
Menus and fine wines are carefully chosen to reflect each event’s individual theme. The venue works closely with renewable energy suppliers, incorporating locally sourced ingredients in its menus to reduce its carbon footprint.
Charlie Vernon, business development manager at Senate House, said: “With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, we want to celebrate this romantic day by giving couples the opportunity to wed in one of London’s most iconic wedding venues to an affordable price. We hope that this offer will result in many memorable proposals.”
- Ends -
For further information and pictures, please contact Triggerfish Communications on
020 7233 9700
Notes to Editors:
- Twitter: @Senate_House
- Senate House is the heart of the University of London’s administration. The building was designed by Charles Holden who was awarded Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) Gold Medal for architecture in 1936. He is widely recognised for his designs for London Underground and Senate House’s landmark art deco tower. During World War Two, Senate House was taken over by the Ministry of Information.
- Senate House has 29 spaces available, from Charles Holden’s stunning architecturally significant Beveridge Hall and Crush Hall to the private Georgian Garden Squares.
- Senate House’s grand 1930’s proportions are married with progressive technology and AV in line with today’s demands.
- University of London, Senate House, London, WC1E 7HU
- Tel: +44 20 7862 8127/8
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org