HBAA Golf Classic and Activity Day tees off at Bowood Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort
The HBAA hosted its 11th annual Golf Classic and Activity Day on Wednesday 12th June 2013 at Bowood Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort’s impressive Championship golf course and 2,000 acres of Grade I listed parkland.
Agent and venue members, as well as guests of the HBAA, headed to Wiltshire for the day’s activities, extensive evening networking opportunities and awards presentation. Key industry figures from some of the UK’s leading hotels and venues including Cannizaro House and Accor, as well as major hotel booking agents and representatives from the corporate world, teed off at the internationally acclaimed 18-hole course.
Whilst the golfing aficionados got to grips with the challenging course, non-golfers were treated to a range of outdoor activities hosted by Off Limits Corporate Events, including laser clay shooting and rage buggies. Following the day’s activities, guests enjoyed networking, a three-course meal and prize giving for the golfing and activity winners in the Bowood Golf and Country Club.
- Individual Winner: Julia Hirsch of Starwood Hotels & Resorts
- Team Winner: Team B, consisting of Clare de Brett & Carolyn Anderson from Warren House Conference Centre, Chris Ellis & Jane Clement from Accor and Katherine Hall-Smith from The Roof Gardens
- Best Front 9: Jon Atkins (guest of DeVere Venues)
- Best Back 9: Robert Gore (guest of Well Placed Conference)
- Individual Winner: Robert Gore (guest of Well Placed Conference)
- Team Winner: Andrew May of DeVere Venues + guests: Jon Atkins, Keith Cheese & Alex Armstrong
Carolyn Peers, operations manager at the HBAA, said: “We’d like to thank the Bowood staff and Hotel for their excellent hospitality throughout the day, which ensured our members and guests had a fantastic experience. Thanks also go to the kind sponsors of holes and prizes: Bowood Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort, Off Limits Corporate Events and Triggerfish Communications. Delivering key events and experiences to our members is a prerequisite for the Association, and we’re looking forward to our next major event, the HBAA Annual Forum on 5th and 6th September at Twickenham Stadium and the Radisson Blu Edwardian London Heathrow Hotel.”
- Ends -
For further information/images, please contact Triggerfish on 020 7233 9700
Notes to Editors:
- HBAA is the trade association for the hotel booking agency and venue community.
- Formed in 1997, the association currently has 80 agency and 205 venue members.
- Member agents are specialists whose core business involves booking hotels, serviced apartments, conferences and events on behalf of their corporate and public sector clients.
- Member venues are comprised of the leading hotel chains, serviced apartment operators, training centres and independent hotels and venues.
- HBAA strategy is driven by an Executive committee of industry figureheads who oversee separate committees including: technology, memberships, marketing & PR, events, serviced apartments and education.
- Twitter: @HBAA2013